Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Parts, Parts, Parts.





I have been working like a madman on drawing new parts for yet another sculpture that will be in the show in Vermont. The show is called The Fat and The Lean. It will be at the Firehouse Gallery in Burlington Vermont. I drive up on April 12(Easter) to begin installation and the opening reception is the 17th.
Here is a link.
http://www.burlingtoncityarts.com/firehousegallery/

The Gallery is two large spaces. In one space I will make a huge, low hanging sculpture called Isa.
In the second space I will install The Creation of Adam, The Black Widow and the two smaller stable pieces that I finished drawing the parts for yesterday. I still have two and a half weeks to get the parts cut, sanded, primed, painted, and packed up for the show. With the help of August Barber and now Mike Falco who have been interning I'm sure it will all get done.

The proposal for The New Children's Museum took up most of my weekend but turned out well. I will publish parts of it after I hear back from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment