Friday, March 13, 2009

The New Childrens Museum visit.





Yesterday I woke up in my hotel room with a view of sailboats on the water across the Pacific Highway in downtown San Diego.

After a terribly unhealthy breakfast served here at the hotel, I walked with my coffee 16 blocks to The New Children's Museum where I was given a grand tour by a few gracious staff members.
http://www.thinkplaycreate.org/

Once the tour was complete I met with the executive director and the other directors about what I might make for the show that will open in October. We decided I should visit the museum four times, making a new work each time. That will be great. It will also be about 88 hours of travel. Yikes.
When I mentioned that I wanted to visit the Aquarium some time this weekend while here in San Diego, Rachel, the executive director suggested that one of the directors take me there as they needed to take a look at a carpeted bleacher seat thing they have there. So after a nice lunch we went to the Birch Aquarium. It is relatively small compared to Shed's in Chicago but it was fantastic non the less. It sits on a bluff with an amazing view overlooking the Pacific.





The crew from the museum took me out for dinner and drinks last night at a nice place called the Starlight. http://www.starlitesandiego.com/

It's a bit cloudy today so no beach time, but I will go to the contemporary museum just a few blocks away from my hotel. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment